Project Location: Huntington Sta., Town of Huntington, NY
Client: Crest Group
The redevelopment of a 6-acre vacant auto dealership located on Jericho Turnpike, NYS RT 25, in Huntington Station, Town of Huntington. The 37,000 sf 2-story building included 255 parking stalls, collection and onsite disposal of stormwater, and an onsite subsurface sanitary disposal system. The development of the property was subject to Covenants and Restrictions that were granted to the prior automobile dealership and servicing use.
Nelson + Pope’s services also included the engineering, design and preparation of plans for the project’s site improvements and infrastructure, sanitary disposal system, water services, New York State Department of Transportation Highway Work Permit, and Stormwater Pollution Prevention Plan (SWPPP). N+P also provided technical assistance required for various LEED credits. During construction, N+P provided construction technical assistance, periodic site construction observation, documentation, and completed facility certifications, N+P staff assisted the Client in the procurement of municipal permitting and approvals.
Relevant Project Components:
- Environmental Assessment Form (EAF)
- Site Improvement and Infrastructure Design
- Stormwater, Sediment and Erosion Control Design
- NYSDOT Highway Work Permit Plans
- Maintenance and Protection of Traffic Plans
- Water Service and Backflow Prevention Design
- Onsite Subsurface Sanitary Disposal System Design
- Parking Lot Lighting Layout
- Technical Assistance for LEED
- Technical Assistance and Construction Observations During Construction