Long Beach Superblock Redevelopment
Project Location: Long Beach, NY
Client: Engel Burman Group
The Long Beach Superblock, a 6-acre waterfront parcel located along the boardwalk between Long Beach Boulevard and Riverside Boulevard, was previously a vacant site that is currently undergoing redevelopment for residential and retail use. The final construction will consist of The Breeze, a 10-story building with 238 rental units, and Isla Blu, two 9-story buildings home to 200 condominium residences. The space will also have 6,500 square feet of boardwalk accessible retail space and 1,000 parking spots.
As early contributors to the project, Nelson + Pope provided civil and site engineering services such as grading, drainage and utility design, and sewer and water service connections. N+P also performed boundary and topographic surveying for the site and mapping for the subdivision/condominium spaces. Coordination with Nassau County was led by N+P’s team prior to any construction, which included approvals from the Nassau County Department of Health, Department of Public Works, and the County Fire Marshal. A Stormwater Pollution Prevention Plan (SWPPP) and Fiscal/Economic analysis in support of the IDA Application were also provided by N+P.
The development is expected to be completed in 2024. Residents will enjoy many amenities, including two swimming pools and spas also designed by N+P’s Sanitary Department. As construction progresses, Nelson + Pope will continue to provide construction related services. These services include construction observations, SWPPP inspections, surveying and layout services, and the development of as-built surveys.
Relevant Project Components:
- Boundary and Topographic surveying
- Subdivision/Condominium mapping
- Civil and site engineering services including grading, drainage and utility design
- Sewer and water service connections
- Earthwork analysis
- Stormwater pollution prevention plan
- NCDOH and NCDPW subdivision approvals
- Engineer’s project description report for attorney general offering plan filing
- Design of two swimming pools and spas and permitting with NCDOH
- Nassau County Fire Marshal site approvals
- Construction related services including observations of construction
- SWPPP inspections
- Construction surveying and layout services
- As-built surveys