Five Towns College
Project Location: Dix Hills, Town of Huntington, NY
Client: Five Towns College
Nelson + Pope provided civil, site, infrastructure, sanitary engineering and topographic and construction surveying services to Five Towns College since the College relocated to the 34-acre site of Burrs Lane Junior High School in Dix Hills. Projects have included:
- Living Learning Center: Completed in 2012, the College expanded their program to include a four-building residential-learning center containing housing, dining and learning facilities and parking lot expansion. N+P involvement started with the preparation of conceptual planning documents and filing with the town for necessary zoning approvals to permit the inclusion of residential housing on the property. It continued through the SEQRA compliance process including the preparation of the technical documentation and traffic and parking study required for the Environmental Impact Statement, the site planning and building permit process and culminated with technical assistance during the project’s construction.
- Parking Lot Improvements: The preparation of documents for the expansion and improvements to the existing parking lot.
- Sanitary Disposal System Upgrade: The investigation into operational issues of existing on-site subsurface sanitary system and the preparation of approval and design drawings for the upgrading of the system.
Relevant Project Components:
- Topographic and Boundary Surveying
- Existing Utility Location and Coordination
- Conceptual Site Design and Master Plan
- Traffic and parking Impact Study
- Preparation of Supporting Documents for Town Board/Zoning Board of Appeals Approvals
- Representation before the Various Town Boards
- Technical Assistance for the Preparation of the Environmental Impact Statement
- Site and Infrastructure Improvement Plans
- Water Service and Backflow Prevention Design
- On-Site Sanitary and Kitchen Disposal System Design
- On-site Stormwater Management Design
- Erosion and Sediment Control Plans
- Area Lighting Design
- Construction Specifications
- Construction and As-Constructed Surveying