Project Location: Inc. Village of Hempstead
Town of Hempstead, NY
Client: Renaissance Downtowns
The redevelopment of a 1.4-acre parking lot for an office and maintenance facility for Dell Bus Transportation in the Inc. Village of Hempstead. The facility includes a 9,100-GFA 3-story office building, an accessory 3,700-sf maintenance garage, outdoor service bay and courtyard and parking for 44 buses and vans. This is the second phase development resulting from planning initiatives, code amendments and zoning map revisions adopted by the Village for the envisioned downtown redevelopment and revitalization. N+P provided technical assistance to the Village and our environmental affiliate, Nelson Pope Voorhis, in the preparation and implementation of the revisions required for the implementation of the Village’s vision.
Nelson + Pope’s services also included the engineering, design and preparation of plans for the project’s site and infrastructure improvements, landscape design, technical assistance for the preparation of documentation required for SEQRA compliance, coordination with the utilities servicing the site, coordination with the Fire Marshal, and technical assistance and computations required for the preparation of the Stormwater Pollution Prevention Plan (SWPPP) . N+P staff assisted the Client in the procurement of municipal permitting and approvals.
Relevant Project Components:
- Technical Assistance to Village and its Consultants for the Adoption of Zoning and Code Amendments
- Technical Assistance for the Preparation of SEQRA Documentation
- Site Improvement and Infrastructure Design
- Site ADA Accessibility Design
- Stormwater, Sediment and Erosion Control Design
- Site Demolition Plan
- Sanitary Sewer Service
- Water, Fire and Hydrant Services
- Landscape Design
- Technical Assistance for the Stormwater Pollution Prevention Plan (SWPPP)