Roberto Clemente Park
Project Location: Brentwood, NY
Client: Town of Islip
Nelson & Pope was selected to prepare plans for the renovation of a 164’ x 75’ public swimming pool at the Town of Islip’s Roberto Clemente Park (Formerly Timberline Park) in Brentwood, New York. The pool renovation included rehabilitation of the main swimming pool structure and the upgrade of the disinfection and filtration equipment. All aspects of the project were completed in accordance with the NYS Sanitary Code Subpart 6-1, ADA Regulations, the Uniform Code, Suffolk County Sanitary Code Article 12 and all other applicable regulations. Services were provided in phases and included:
- Assessment of the overall site, pool structure and mechanical equipment.
- Rehabilitation design for the mechanical equipment, including conversion from a diatomaceous earth filtration system to a sand filtration system.
- Rehabilitation design for the swimming pool structure, including gutter/supply system, main drain modification and pool finish.
- Design of a new aboveground chemical storage facility
- Obtain all necessary permits from regulatory agencies having jurisdiction
- Attend multiple meetings with Town personnel for discussion of design and required actions
BID PHASE (UPON DESIGN APPROVAL):
- Prepared construction cost estimate
- Preparation of Bid documents including Town boilerplate
- Attend Pre-Bid walkthrough to discuss project with potential contractors.
- Review questions from potential contractors and provide answers in the bid addendum
- Bid review and recommendation
- Provide all other bid phase activities up to contract award
CONSTRUCTION PHASE (UPPON BID AWARD):
- Review contractor shop drawings
- Address contractor RFI’s
- Provide daily site inspections of the Work
- Coordinate all necessary inspections required by the SCDHS
- Change Order review and processing
- Contractor Claims for Payment processing
- Attend bi-weekly meetings with Town personnel to discuss progress of the Work
- Upon completion of the Work, issue all required certifications for the constructed works to obtain permits to operate.
Relevant Project Components:
- Preliminary & Final Design
- SCDHS Permitting
- Construction Plans & Specifications
- Construction Cost Estimates
- Bid Phase Services
- Construction Support and Oversight